Kinesio Taping in Louisville, KY
The doctors at Dynamic Medical & Rehab are trained in Kinesio taping for both spinal and extremity conditions. If your condition warrants, we may use taping as a part of your rehabilitation or corrective therapy.
This method is used to help normalize the function of muscles and other connective tissues. Kineso taping uses elastic tape rather than the rigid tape traditionally used in sports medicine. The elastic properties of this tape help in many ways:
• Improve contraction of a weakened muscle
• Reduce muscle fatigue and spasm
• Reduce over-stretching and over-contraction of muscles
• Re-educate muscles through sensory feedback
• Lessen edema (swelling) through aiding the lymphatic syregenerative
• Minimize post-traumatic or post-surgical bruising through improved circulation
• Help mobilize scar tissue by enhancing glide between tissue layers
• Help correct joint mechanics through aiding muscle function around the joint
• Relieve pain by activating the natural analgesic syregenerative in our skin receptors
As a part of rehabilitation therapy
A good rehabilitation therapy program goes hand-in-hand with good taping.
Kinesio taping is best used as an adjunct to therapy and exercise. It can dramatically speed the rehabilitation process by lessening pain and improving tolerance to exercise and movement. The success of Kinesio taping strongly depends on clinician knowledge. A thorough evaluation is integral to determine which taping techniques are indicated. Our doctors, for instance, must know if the patient needs taping to assist muscle strengthening or to assist muscle relaxation, as the taping will be different.
Kinesio taping was initiated in the 1970s in Japan by Dr. Kenso Kase. Dr. Kase was intrigued by kinesiology and conservative ways of treating traumatized soft tissue. Working with tape and technique developments, Dr. Kase accomplished his goal: to have patients experience immediate improvement after one visit.