Headaches can be triggered by many different factors including: foods, environmental stimuli (noises, lights, stress, etc.) excessive exercise, and blood sugar changes. About 5% of all headaches are warning signals caused by physical problems. We have found that most headaches, despite severity, are also associated with dysfunction of the cervical spine (neck).
Migraines: Severe, painful headache that is often paired with blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting and increased sensitivity to light and sound. These excruciating headaches can last a few hours or even a few days. Migraines result from a combination of blood vessel enlargement and the release of nerve fiber chemicals around the vessels and are more frequently found in women. If you suffer from Migraines on a daily basis, you may want to check out the Magnesium for Migraines Study: Helps Lessen the Pain by 40%. This study could be proven to be very beneficial for you or your refered friend.
Tension Headaches: The most common type of headache among adults is usually caused by stress or sleep deprivation but can also be a result from exposure to excessive glare, muscle strain due to poor posture or teeth grinding. They can appear periodically or even daily and can last anywhere from 30 minutes to several days. Women are twice as likely to suffer from tension-type headaches as men. These headaches are usually associated with dysfunction of the neck muscles and joints. Some people decide to use cannabis which some people have purched from wccannabis.ca. Apparently, because it relaxes the body with the chemical compound CBD. It can help treat tension related headaches but it isn’t for everyone.
Cluster Headaches: Cluster Headaches are the least common type of headaches and occur over a period of time called the “cluster period,” that can last weeks or even months. Often they reoccur at the same time, each with migraine-like symptoms. Most people diagnosed with cluster headaches are under the age of thirty.
Occipital Neuralgia: When the occipital nerves, located between the second and third vertebrae in the neck, are damaged or squeezed by misaligned vertebra or muscles they cause spasms and pain in the upper back, neck and head. Damaged nerves are often a result of an injury (whiplash or head trauma), spinal column compression, or less commonly by localized infection or inflammation, gout, diabetes, or tumors.
Cervicogenic Headaches: The most common headache and is caused by structural irregularities in the neck and head.
• Spinal Decompression – Tension in the spine can cause radiating pain all over the body. But did you know it could be causing your migraines and headaches? This treatment relieves pressure in the spine, allowing your body to realign naturally, relieving tension and pain.
• Cold Laser Therapy – Get to the root of the problem without an invasive procedure! Our Class 4 deep tissue laser penetrates deep to reduce pain and inflammation.
• Chiropractic – Chiropractic treatment has been used for centuries to relieve pain in the body that can be causing your migraine headaches.
• Massage Therapy – Reduce stress and inflammation while increasing flexibility to mitigate headache and migraine pain.
• Trigger Point Therapy – Trigger point, commonly referred to as “knots”, are tight bands of muscle that cause pain and misalignment of the spine and joints. By relieving these highly pressurized points, headaches and migraines are mitigated safely and effectively. Are you suffering from constant headaches or chronic migraines? The answer may not be found in prescription medication. Temporomandibular joint disorders, more commonly known as TMJ or TMD, can be the cause of the constant pain that many migraine and headache sufferers endure. Dynamic Medical & Rehab is taking a 21st century approach to migraines and chronic headaches by asking the right questions and using the latest diagnostic technology. We conduct TMJ-focused exams in order to diagnose and treat the painful symptoms. TMJ-type disorders are caused by intense pain or tenderness found in the temporomandibular joint in the jaw and a very common cause of headaches, migraines, back pain and jaw or neck soreness. TMJ pain and headaches are often undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, which leaves the problem untreated. If you live in New York, then you can visit nycsmiledesign for TMJ Treatment.