Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment in Louisville, KY
At Dynamic Medical Rehab in Louisville, Kentucky, we don’t believe in a “one-size-fits-all” treatment plan. We treat each patient as an individual and therefore customize each treatment approach to your personal health needs and goals. A complete evaluation needs to be done utilizing the medical and rehabilitation departments at Dynamic. Many treatment options are available including:
• Supartz Joint Therapy – Normal “wear and tear” can result in reduced cartilage and fluid within the knee joint, causing pain and discomfort. This treatment replaces the natural fluid in the knee joint with hyaluronic acid, a substance already found in the body, to reduce friction and regain mobility.
• PX 50 Regenerative Tissue Matrix – PX50 is an injectable regenerative tissue matrix solution, that often times leaves the patient feeling relief after only ONE treatment. This cutting edge treatment takes the best components from all the current non-invasive treatment options and puts them into one.
• Cold Laser Therapy – Penetrate deep into the knee joint to reduce swelling and inflammation in a non-invasive procedure.
• PRP Injections – Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy activates your adult regenerative cellular therapys, signal proteins, and collagen matrix to aids the body’s natural ability to heal.
• Kinesio Taping – This method is used to help normalize the function of muscles and other connective tissues. Kineso taping uses elastic tape rather than the rigid tape traditionally used in sports medicine. The elastic properties of this tape help in many ways:
• Rehabilitation Therapy – Rebuild your knee’s strength and flexibility to reduce pain and mitigate recurring injury.
• Orthotics – Proper knee bracing is important to prevent re-injury and aid the knee in healing properly. Osteoarthritis of the knee is predominately considered a “wear and tear” process, where there is gradual degradation of the hyaline cartilage that covers the articulating surfaces of the bones in the knee joint. In most people, the disease is either post-traumatic or hereditary. This can cause a lot of pain for those that suffer with this. An increasingly common treatment is the use of CBD oil to reduce the amount of pain felt. Websites like https://cbdandshrooms.com provide these kinds of solutions. Before you dive into pain management though, understanding where the issue is coming from is important.
Other causes or contributing factors may include:
• Elements injury of the knee joint
• Tear of meniscus
• Partial menisectomy via arthroscopy
• Recurrent patellar dislocation and patella fracture
• Interarticular fractures of the knee and knee dislocations
• Arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis, infectious arthritis, etc.)
• Deformities of the knee joint
• Ligamentous instability
• Genetics factors
• Osteochondritis dissecans disease
• Meniscal cyst
• Discoid meniscus
If you or a loved one are suffering from chronic knee pain, knee osteoarthritis, or a trauma related injury to the knee, you can give us a call today at 502-426-9200 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultationto meet our dedicated staff and get your questions answered before you commit. So what are you waiting for? You deserve to live a life without pain!